Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. – Khalil Gibran
Have you noticed how some people can light up a room instantly? The minute they come through the door, there is a change in energy. They can bring with them a quiet force or a loud party but either ways they are magnetic forces. Drawing you to them, overflowing with a magic that you cannot always see but can most often feel.
Ever wondered how this happens? Is it in the jobs they have or in the partners they chose or that life dealt them a peaceful hand with no troubles? Have they undergone some training or are they putting up an act or are they born different? If you have the privilege of knowing a few people like this, you know that none of this is true.
They are people, like you and me, who have mastered a few beautiful things.
- They live in the present moment – this exact moment, fully alive and attentive
- They radiate gratitude – for everything they have or don’t have
- They acknowledge you – they accept you, comment on the beauty they see in you
- There is kindness in their being – the ability to extend warmth to the world around
- They are fun – not taking themselves too seriously, embracing strengths and scars
- They are life affirming – not life limiting….they stand ‘for’ not ‘against’
- They listen – they are all about you
- They see beauty everywhere – the rose and not the thorn, the lotus and not the pond
- They are – their way of ‘being’ has more power than anything they are ‘doing’
- They are authentic – They show their true selves, aligned with their life purpose
- They love themselves – Their love for the world comes from embracing themselves
- They tend to forgive – themselves and the world around them
- They know that nothing lasts forever – that in the end, the roses win over the guns…
- They focus on what works – They shun the noise and spend time on the positive
What else do they do that makes them a joy to be around? I’d love to learn from you!
The beautiful thing about this list is that these can be learnt. We can be them in this regard. We can be the light in the world….#giftthelight