“After living with him for 10 years, I’m not sure if I want to leave. I don’t know what I want”
“Should I quit my job or not? I’m unsure about what I am good at”
“Do you think I did the right thing? Perhaps I shouldn’t have done that”
— So say most of us at different stages of life.
We spend our lives becoming great at the things we do, our jobs, our hobbies, our skills. We claim expertise in various fields in life, we position ourselves as mentors and guides.
And yet, when it comes to our own selves, we often don’t trust ourselves. What makes us doubt our intuition? What makes it easier for us to seek out the opinions of others and find solace in them? What makes it so hard to take our own opinion?
After having lived 20/30/40 years with ourselves, we still don’t know what we are great at, what our purpose is, where we are headed. Hours roll into days into weeks and months and yet we often don’t know the person within us.
Numerous internet sources claim we make 35000 decisions a day. Knowing what serves you and what doesn’t gives you 35000 chances to have a better day. Every day!
“Within you is a fountain of wisdom. And you sell yourself short every time you allow some authority to define your limitations and cage your potential. Even if that authority lives in your head.” ― Vironika Tugaleva,
After having started on this journey and had the privilege of taking many people along to find themselves, I’m a passionate believer that self discovery is the key to self actualization. Finding yourself is only the first step. The minute you start applying your true self to any situation in life, you can shift from surviving to thriving.
How do you know you found your true self? In many wonderful ways
- You know your core values, your life purpose, your natural gifts and you know you can apply them to every situation around you
- You feel more confident, less dissonance, less unsure, less regret with each decision you have to make.
- No more asking every other person if they feel you were right, no more looking for external validation, no more seeking to be reassured or encouraged.
- You find yourself making choices that play to your strengths and you start becoming more successful, more acknowledged for your unique self
- The little voice in your head becomes stronger, less drowned out, less afraid and soon enough you find yourself with a refreshing clarity on what’s the right thing to do.
- You feel at peace with who you are and who you want to be…
If you are still on the journey to finding yourself, to knowing why you behave a certain way, why patterns of behaviour keep repeating, how you can be more fulfilled, reach out and #giftthelight to yourself.
The fountain of wisdom is within you. All you need to do is access it. Discover your light!